There are 5 good reasons to create a singles group for Jewish men and women over the age of 45 in our Montreal Jewish community:
- Some people are too busy with their careers to meet other singles.
- Friends, family, have moved away, therefore decreasing the opportunities of introducing you to singles they may know.
- You are new to the city and are looking for new friends and possibly romance.
- You are widowed or divorced and want to “start over”.
- You are tired and suspicious of using the internet as a dating tool and are looking for something with a more personal nature.
A little less than a year ago, in September of 2011, The Chevra Singles Program came into fruition. We wanted to create a singles program for Jewish men and women over the age of 45. The goal was to create different venues that are fun and offer singles in this age group to connect in a dignified and relaxed manner for the purpose of companionship, and, if it is beshert…marriage.
In the past year we have provided opportunities at The Chevra of putting fun and enjoyment back into the experience of connecting with other singles. Our first event was a Shabbaton with Rabbi Jacobson speaking about relationships, we then held a Chanukah dance with attendance of over 100 Jewish singles. Dr. Laurie Betito, Psychologist, Sex Therapist, and host of “Passion” on CJAD, came to speak to our singles on “Relationships” at Valentines Day. On Purim we held a Suedah and Dance.
We have several good ideas and some plans are in the making. Keep browsing The Chevra website to read about our upcoming events.
For further information, please email or call Iona at The Chevra office who will then refer you to the Chevra Singles co-ordinator.
Iona: 514-482-3366 or Iona@thechevra.ca